Projects that we have delivered
- Targeted Youth Support – funded by Lancashire County Council(LCC) 2012-2014.
- Supporting young people (YP) who were on the fringe of being excluded at school or being involved in crime.
- WW1 – funded by Heritage Lottery – supported to commemorate the centenary of WW1, how the Indian Army were involved in the war and links to local community.
- Town Trail – funded by Heritage Lottery – to develop a town trail for prominent buildings including faith buildings in Brierfield, leaflets available from our centre and tourist places across Pendle.
- Changing Faces of Brierfield – funded by Heritage Lottery to celebrate the changing faces of people/high street in Brierfield.
Other groups using the centre
- Partnership with Inspire – accessing the centre and resources to support their volunteer and users to access the services that both BAIC/Inspire provide. Inspire do provide volunteer mentors who offer help to people with drugs and alcohol issues. They have rehab programs that they offer and sign posting to other support services.
- Bingo Club – the group is organise by the Brierfield seniors who meet every Monday and Thursday evening 6-8pm. Anyone is welcome. They have just started a Dominoes club every Monday afternoon from 2pm – 4pm anyone is welcome.
- Craft Club – this group meets every Thursday between 11am-3pm, again anyone who wants to join can do, just call in and ask.